Saturday, August 30, 2008

Lower Back Pain

Ever experienced lower back pain?

Here is on tip that may help. The source of lower back (that is the area of our abck behind our navel) can sometimes be strain to the buttock muscles, the gluteus. The other is the psoas muscles which are muscles at the front around the navel area.

Through strenous excercises like climbing stairs or standing for long periods of time, tightness develops in these muscles and the pain shows up in our lower back. It even causes tender tail bone.To relief pain, try lying down on a golf or tennis ball at the area of the buttocks which are most tender. A good massage of 12 times many times a day helps. The common areas are near the depression of the hip joint and just above the crease line of the thigh and buttocks.

To work the stomach muscles, again lie on your back and apply deep pressure with fingers to look for tenderness. Apply pressure and watch the tenderness ease.

I remember the effectiveness of this therapy. It was during my week long Reiki Master training in Australia and I developed a stiif back. My fellow Reiki master, Rhonda, who was sitting next to me noticed my discomfort. All she did was reached into my muscles just below the hip bone and with her sensitive hands found the right spot. It was for maybe 20-30 seconds and my pain was gone. What a great therapist. Sure magic! Thanks, Rhonda if you are reading this.

No comments: