Sunday, March 23, 2008

Borobudor


I remember Borobudor.
That ancient ruins
A monument from that era
of flourishing Buddhism
vajrayana Buddhism

why did it die?
simple
as all things must come and go
so too must structures and things once permanent
so died it did

religions and philosophies too
will follow this same fate
that is what the Lion of the Sakyas said
and I believe him
yes I do I do

I enter
From the low of the prambunan plains
The mural walls dark and grey
Like life
Mired in ignorance

Mong cha cha is life
murky and confused
So apt this
Of life
Blindly plodding on to nowhere

As I climb
There is some glimpse
Of the sky
And light
So further I climb

Then
Lo and behold
A rush of cool fresh air
The view stupendous
As the valley below unfolds

Endless the sunlit plains
Stretching to meet the horizon
Farmers toil the fields
As we churn in life
Endlessly

Magnificent
This ruins of borobudor
Learned its architect
But this other architect of no happiness
One day I shall defeat!

No comments: