Saturday, March 22, 2008

Reiki symbols in meditation

A dear friend shared an interesting and beneficial way of incorporating meditation and Reiki. Link here. Personally I have always felt that meditation and reiki are inseparable and have often used them together.

I have always liked to work with the reiki symbols ever since I was taught them, maybe because my Reiki journey was a very beautiful, mystical as well as spiritual experience. I would admit that the skeptical part of me has always spurred me to look at them objectively. From the early beginnings, I have tried to read up on them as well as try to connect them to known symbols and knowledge, be they shamanic, pagan or religious.

Over time, I have found that this stifles my own journey. Instead it is better to set that objective part of me free and allow openness in my thoughts and belief. The dissecting mind and the real thing are two different cups of tea. After all, it is eventually one’s own experiential insight that becomes truth not words from books or the mouths of others.

I have played with many ways of working with the symbols. May I speak of one that I have used. It started with the time I saw symbol 2 being drawn in a slightly different way from that I used. In fact I liked this new way.

Symbol 1 is the power symbol and I visualize it in 3D, in powerful earthy colors swirling and dissolving into my being. Then I visualize a protective harmonizing soft golden light of symbol 2 covering me like a bell. The natural bell shape of symbol 2 is just perfect for this meditation. As long as I am in that state it becomes a most blissful experience. I find it best if the symbols flow rather than a hard attempt at a visualized form. Try it!

No comments: