Friday, April 4, 2008

Fishes and squirrels and rabbits



I happened along a shop along old pudu lama and they have the biggest carps I have ever seen. I believe they call them Kois. Anyway I took a shot with my simple phone camera and surprisingly the image came out quite good. Only thing though, it does not really show how big the fishes are. Some are like 2 feet long. Imagine!

Not so free is that creature in a makeshift cage. What do you think it is? Some say it is a civet cat but the civets I have seen are not like these. Thyeir nose is sharper. This one looks more like a rabbit and a squirrel! You would never guess where this creature was caught-right in the middle of busy Ampang. Possibly wandered off from the zoo (if so, quite a trek though for this poor creature).

By the way civet cats I learnt consume berries but do not digest them. In Indonesia they eat the coffee beans and their droppings become prized coffee beans. That is why they are also called coffee rats. Check it out @ http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?musang

No comments: